Air conditioners play an important role in maximum home comfort.
However, they will not be performing at peak efficiency forever. If you can determine that your air conditioner is nearing the end of its lifespan, it is imperative to save money for an AC replacement before you encounter an emergency situation.
The following are five signs that your air conditioner needs to be replaced sooner than later:
- Your system is old. The average lifespan of air conditioning units is around ten years old. If your system has reached that age or approaching it, then it is time to consider a new one.
- Your energy bills have drastically increased. When your utility bills are going up while you’re not doing anything to affect them, then the problem might be your air conditioner. While a replacement may cost more money than a repair, having a brand new system is the more cost-effective option in the long run.
- Your home has increased in size. When your air conditioning system was initially installed, it was designed to provide enough power to cool your entire home. However, if you built an additional room or two in your home, your system may not provide you with the effective cooling capacity due to the extra square footage. Contact Airrific and we will be happy to perform a heat load calculation to ensure your system’s capacity matches the space you are cooling.
- You constantly call for service. If you’re having to frequently call the air conditioning company for repairs, then it is time for a replacement. These service calls every month can add up quickly and can become an expensive “band aid” until the next breakdown.
- High or low humidity levels in your home. Along with keeping your home cool, your home’s AC system also manages humidity levels. If you notice that moisture is accumulating around your windows or feel that your home is muggy, then the air conditioner may be experiencing humidity control issues.
Need a Replacement? Contact Airrific Air Conditioning & Heating
Our Sarasota air conditioning company has been family-owned and operated for over 25 years. Our licensed and factor trained technicians can replace your system with extreme care and efficiency. We also offer financing solutions for up to 60 months and 0% interest!